My Story

Go down

My Story

Post by Tai on Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:46 am

After I had Tobey, my life was a complete mess. Id stayed in hospital for 5 days as Tobey had been in SCBU, which has to have been the scariest part of my life so far. I had my ex staing with me to help out (which is probably the biggest mistake Iv ever made lol) I felt isolated from my friends and was scared they wouldnt want to see me anymore as they are all young and childless and more excited about nights out than they are babies. I couldnt take Tobey out as he was premature and continued to lose weight and being weighed every other day. There I was stuck in a house with someone I really didnt get along with, unable to see my friends and scared about my baby's health.

Eventually (cutting a long story short) after 4 weeks of this I moved back home to my mum's and it was the best thing Id ever done. I almost lost a wonderful relationship with my new partner because I couldnt stand up for myself and couldnt do what was best for me.
It took a couple of weeks to adjust but slowly things started getting better. My relationship is stronger than ever, I go out once a month for a night out with friends and lunch every couple of weeks. I have one friend who I see twice a week.

Ok, so I lost my independence and Im back home but I think Id be in a much worse position had I stayed. The constant tears were exhausting me. I dont know how I managed. I was just to scared to admit to anyone else that something was wrong. Things would have been a lot easier if I had.

Just dont sit around and think things will get better on their own like I did, because a lot of the time they dont. Its hard but there are people out there that can help you

Tai x
Tai
Admin
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 301
Who Are You? : Mum to Tobey
Registration date : 2008-01-09

View user profile http://www.tearsandtantrumsparenting.com

Back to top Go down

Re: My Story

Post by Sarah Y on Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:23 am

I'm sorry to hear you suffered from Postnatal Depression aswell Tai, Having Tobey in the Special care baby unit must have been terrifying for you.
The break down of a relationship and feeling like you have nobody around you when you are suffering from PN depression for me were huge factors and I felt like my world was crumbling to pieces, I know it's not easy being a mum, especially a first time mum and you do seem to lose your independence and your own identity. Admiting you have a problem is better than ignoring it because things like this just don't go away.

Sarah x
Sarah Y
Admin
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 143
Who Are You? : Mum of two
Registration date : 2008-01-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wicks on Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:04 am

Tai, you have been through such a lot, not just after Tobey was born but before then too. Too me you are a strong girl who can deal with anything! Ok your independence might have changed, but you have Tobey to look after now, life is just different - and for the better!

Forum Toddler

Female
Number of posts : 138
Who Are You? : Mum to be
Registration date : 2008-01-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down