Did you/ Do you have a birth plan?

Go down

Did you/ Do you have a birth plan?

Post by ~*mumof2angels*~ on Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:25 am

I did it was:

GET THIS BABY OUT ASAP WITH THE THE LEAST AMOUNT OF PAIN lol! lol! lol! lol!
~*mumof2angels*~
Forum Baby
Forum Baby

Female
Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2008-01-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Did you/ Do you have a birth plan?

Post by Wicks on Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:27 am

This scares me! Reading about what I want in a birth plan - at the moment I have no idea! I dont know what position I want to be in- just whatever is right at the time!!!

Forum Toddler

Female
Number of posts : 138
Who Are You? : Mum to be
Registration date : 2008-01-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tai on Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:41 am

No I didnt. The day I had him was the day I was meant to go through it with the MW!!
Tai
Admin
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 301
Who Are You? : Mum to Tobey
Registration date : 2008-01-09

View user profile http://www.tearsandtantrumsparenting.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandsmunchkins on Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:58 am

I had one but it went straight out the window! LOL

Love Mands xxx

Forum Toddler
Forum Toddler

Female
Number of posts : 165
Who Are You? : Married
Registration date : 2008-01-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mamamany on Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:39 am

In the back of my notes there's a section to fill in, it basically asks questions and you answer them. As my MW said it's more guidelines so they know if there's anything you totally object to.

Mine basically states do whatever's necessary, Sean will cut the cord if possible but if possible want it left to pulsate after birth and have baby straight up for skin to skin, plan to start feeding as soon as baby will and I don't want an epidural at all. Oh and I'm happy with students being present at delivery Wink
mamamany
Forum Baby
Forum Baby

Female
Number of posts : 67
Who Are You? : Mum of many
Registration date : 2008-01-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sally&Seph on Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:51 am

I had one, I spent ages writing it too, and think it was quite a good one! I definately did not want pethedine even if I changed my mind during labour, so I wanted to have that in writing, I wanted to try with just gas and air but was willing to have an epidural if I felt I needed it (As it turns out I just had gas and air and didn't even consider having anything else) I wanted to keep examinations to the minimum (Stating the obvious!) I wanted to be able to move around during labour trying different positions (But was aware that I could be bed bound if I was induced or they had to moniter the baby) I wanted Skin to skin, H2B to cut the cord after it had pulsated for 2 minutes (The MW timed this as well!) I did mine on seperate paper from my notes and we gave it to the midwife when we first went in. H2B knew exactly what I wanted (And he wanted the same) so it wasn't overly important as I knew he would speak up for me, but I wanted it in writing. Oh the other thing is what I wanted if I needed a C section - I think Jamie would be calm in a emergency situation as he's medically trained, but just in case I wanted my wishes to be out there.
Sally&Seph
Forum Toddler
Forum Toddler

Female
Number of posts : 106
Who Are You? : Seph's Mummy and Jamie's Wife to be!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mamamany on Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:35 pm

Of the few things on mine I hardly got them lol! just shows yo never know what'll happen, because Lachlan didn't really cry and wasn't pinking up the MW cut the cord straight away and as soon as that was done he howled but Sean wasn't bothered cos he had a healthy son and that was far more important to him.
mamamany
Forum Baby
Forum Baby

Female
Number of posts : 67
Who Are You? : Mum of many
Registration date : 2008-01-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah Y on Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:16 pm

I had an idea of what I wanted and did'nt want, I wanted an easy labour (who does'nt!) with very little or not pain relief. I completly ruled out an epidural but in the end managed on just gas and air. I kept an open mind when I came to things like c-sections and episitomies as they are unavoidable sometimes so I prepared myself mentally for those.
All in all I had two very good labours, they lasted 4 hours and 4 1/2 hours and I managed with only Gas and Air.

In my opinon I think it's best to prepare yourself and read up on as much as you can but don't think that everything will happen to you. x
Sarah Y
Admin
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 143
Who Are You? : Mum of two
Registration date : 2008-01-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mad267 on Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:33 pm

Sarah Y wrote:I had an idea of what I wanted and did'nt want, I wanted an easy labour (who does'nt!) with very little or not pain relief. I completly ruled out an epidural but in the end managed on just gas and air. I kept an open mind when I came to things like c-sections and episitomies as they are unavoidable sometimes so I prepared myself mentally for those.
All in all I had two very good labours, they lasted 4 hours and 4 1/2 hours and I managed with only Gas and Air.

In my opinon I think it's best to prepare yourself and read up on as much as you can but don't think that everything will happen to you. x
Blimey, sounds like the sort of labour I want!
mad267
All Grown up!
All Grown up!

Female
Number of posts : 332
Who Are You? : Wife and Mummy2b
Registration date : 2008-01-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah Y on Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:29 pm

It was'nt all plain sailing, My 1st was 5 days late and I was being threatened with being induced.. I quickly went for a very brisk walk and I was in labour the following morning... I can't grumble at approximately 4 hours a piece though.
Sarah Y
Admin
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 143
Who Are You? : Mum of two
Registration date : 2008-01-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ~*mumof2angels*~ on Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:37 pm

On a more serious note... I did have a proper birth plan...
I basically said it in that I wanted as many drugs as possible and if I am in labour for more than 15hrs to give me a c-section.

In the end I ended up having no drugs what so ever and I was in labour for 22.5hrs... I had a normal delivery with no intereance.

I know what you mean Mandsmunchk in regards to the plan going out the window.. I guess you don't really know what you want until your there in the situation
~*mumof2angels*~
Forum Baby
Forum Baby

Female
Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2008-01-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by eviejones on Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:13 pm

I have one, it's sitting in my notes now and my mw thinks it's a good idea. Basically I want to try for an active birth with tens and gas and air as pain relief. I don't want any intervention unless necessary but obviously I will do what is best for Steven and if that is another c-section (I hope not) or intervention then so be it.
eviejones
Forum Toddler
Forum Toddler

Female
Number of posts : 161
Who Are You? : Mum and mum2b
Registration date : 2008-01-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sally&Seph on Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:35 pm

I agree with Evie, I planned on nothing pain relief wise but gas and air but was prepared to have everything except pethidine if needed. In the end it was just gas and air for me, but the midwife had the notes there the whole time and Jamie knew exactly what I wanted.
Sally&Seph
Forum Toddler
Forum Toddler

Female
Number of posts : 106
Who Are You? : Seph's Mummy and Jamie's Wife to be!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by eviejones on Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:20 pm

At the end of the day you just need to have an open mind...things rarely go exactly to plan in life so why would a birth be any different? I know what I don't want but, if I have to have it for the baby's sake then so be it. As long as Steven is born safe and well then I am prepared to go through pretty much anything to ensure that happens and that he is ok. I did with Naj...I was totally against having a c-section but the second the doctors said it could cause breathing probs for him in later life, especially as Dave and I both have asthma then I agreed to a c-section and Dave totally understood which helped. Sure, I felt cheated about not going through labour but once he was there it didn't matter, I had our boy in my arms, he was safe and healthy and I know I'd do the same again.

eviejones
Forum Toddler
Forum Toddler

Female
Number of posts : 161
Who Are You? : Mum and mum2b
Registration date : 2008-01-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content